Updated January 12, 2022
Are you interested in local food production and supporting the valley in being more self-sufficient and sustainable? We are always interested in people passionate about organic local production anding helping bring good food to people.
Individuals are eligible for Dental and extended Health Care coverage.
Send expressions of interest to [email protected]
Job: Administrative Position
Eatmore Sprouts & Greens has an opportunity for a motivated, forward-thinking, and dedicated individual. We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team! We will consider full or part time hours (minimum 3 days) for the right candidate. Work will be done out of the offices in Courtenay, BC.
We are a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business whose mission is to provide fresh, locally grown, organic sprouts, year-round in the Comox Valley and beyond for a happier, healthier planet. Our focus, besides making healthy food is on family values and continuous learning.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General Office duties including but not limited to data entry, answering phones, invoicing customer orders and general office organization
- Maintain filing for all documentation per auditing standards
- Assist with Safety/HACCP documentation
- Maintain our customer database
- Maintain organizational systems for all files, both physical and electronic
- Create and update spreadsheets to track data.
- Support other members of the office team as required
- Fill in for our customer service/receptionist during vacation or other absences.
- Keep office areas tidy, do dishes and prepare coffee
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 (Excel and Word experience are essential)
- Knowledge of Sage Accounting an asset
- Understanding of accounts payable/receivable an asset
- Knowledge of or previous experience in the agricultural industry an asset
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Good organizational and multitasking abilities
- This position will require independent judgment and time management, as well as the ability to collaborate and work within a team
The candidate we are looking for is a well-rounded human who cares for people and the planet.
If you are excited to work for a values-based organization, are not afraid to ask questions, think on your feet, take direction well, are flexible, a team player, and willing to adjust to the evolving needs of the position, we want to hear from you!
Please send a cover letter introducing yourself beyond your resume and let us know why you think you would be a good fit for this position. Salary expectations would be helpful too. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.