Eatmore Sprouts & Greens Ltd. is a Certified Organic Farm producing a variety of sprouts and greens on 3.75 acres near Courtenay. Our sprouts are produced in an indoor growing facility and greenhouse buildings. We produce over 9000 pounds of sprouts and greens weekly, year-round!
Our facility has:
- Solar energy evaluation and support of installation. We now have 48 solar panels.
- Bullfrog wind power: we buy our power from a company that feeds the grid with wind powered hydro.
- Wood Gasification heating: The majority of the heat provided for our three, year-round greenhouses, is provided using a wood gasification boiler. This system is very clean as it burns almost all its own gases, and is considered carbon neutral.
- Processing waste water heat extraction: Eatmore has a system in place where we can harvest the heat from our processing waste water and recycle it through heat pumps to heat our indoor facility.
- Thermal mass heat storage: our most recent greenhouse is designed using mass heat storage. Thermal mass has been created which stores the heat we introduce heat from our wood gasifier here to help during winter months.