Our Organic Certifications include:
- Pacific Agricultural Certification Society
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Primus GFS
You want to know how your food was grown – that’s why we are third party Certified Organic by Pacific Agricultural Certification Society (PACS#16-084) in accordance with the Certified Organic Associations of British Columbia (COABC). Growing certified organic sprouts also means we are GMO Free.
In our sprout production and in our very small market garden, we use ecologically-conscious inputs and soil-building organic farming methods to produce healthy and nutritious sprouts and veggies.
Pacific Agricultural Certification Society – www.pacscertifiedorganic.ca
Certified Organic Associations of BC – www.certifiedorganic.bc.ca
Eatmore has been involved in research at a company and industry level many times over the years.
- Eatmore Sprouts is the industry lead on an Organic Sciences Cluster II (Canada) project. titled “Development of validated seed disinfection strategies for the organic production of sprouted vegetables.” This research will provide information to sprouters at a local, national & international level.
- Eatmore is working on an evolution in sprouting equipment. Things have changed very little since we purchased our first sprouting drum 25 years ago. However, our industry has had to evolve in many areas due to increased concerns with food safety and seed treatment.
- In January 2013 we began work on design development and have since had two prototypes in the facility. We feel ready to begin the process to develop one more prototype and we hope that then we will be ready to replace the current antiquated equipment.
- We have been working on monitoring systems that allows team members to monitor things at the farm from the comfort of their homes. This allows us to get a good night’s rest and know we can see what is happening at the touch of a button. The potential evolution of this system is limitless, time resources and skill are needed to make it happen and we are so grateful to the work done so far!
Eatmore is engaged in many projects that help reduce impact on the planet
- Organic Certification means we follow the principles of Organic Production. http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/ongc-cgsb/programme-program/normes-standards/internet/bio-org/pgng-gpms-eng.html
- In 2015 we underwent a Carbon Energy Assessment which has shown us how we are doing and has provided us with the information we need to plan to be even better at reducing the impact we have on the planet
Most packaging we use is made from recycled and recyclable materials!